Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
villdre
Active Member II

Connecting MS Excel App with AOS

Jump to solution

Hi All

Not sure if what I'm trying to do is even possible ... but thought I'd try asking about it here.

I have downloaded the Microsoft Excel App on my iPhone. Upon launching the app I go to the "Open" tab. Then I press "+ Add a Place", and then "SharePoint Site URL".

Here I enter my AOS URL: "https://www.mysite.net/alfresco/aos/" and press "next.

I then get an error message "Cannot Connect. Check the address and Internet connection. You may also need to connect to your organisation's network using a VPN".

Now I have been able to successfully mount the same URL as a Network drive on my Windows 10 PC. I am also able to "Edit Online" from Share and launch MS Office applications. So AOS seems to work fine.

My question is -- does AOS work as a Sharepoint site? Is this possible with Alfresco?

Thanks

Vipul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Connecting MS Excel App with AOS

Jump to solution

AOS provides a subset of the features that SharePoint provides to make it work with the Windows-/Mac-based Office products for online edit functionality, and better support mounting Alfresco as a Windows network drive. It is by far not to be confused with a fully-fledged SharePoint site service. Any applications that claim to work with SharePoint "may" work with Alfresco via AOS only if they restrict themselves the small subset of APIs / functionality that the desktop Office products + Windows use.

Also, whenever a "site URL" is requested, I would recommend not using the base AOS URL - instead append the name of the site you want to access to the URL.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Connecting MS Excel App with AOS

Jump to solution

AOS provides a subset of the features that SharePoint provides to make it work with the Windows-/Mac-based Office products for online edit functionality, and better support mounting Alfresco as a Windows network drive. It is by far not to be confused with a fully-fledged SharePoint site service. Any applications that claim to work with SharePoint "may" work with Alfresco via AOS only if they restrict themselves the small subset of APIs / functionality that the desktop Office products + Windows use.

Also, whenever a "site URL" is requested, I would recommend not using the base AOS URL - instead append the name of the site you want to access to the URL.