Create a new kind of site

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agborrego92

Create a new kind of site

I'm trying to create a new type of site. When I'm creating a new one, only appears 1 type in the select: "Collaboration Site". I wish to add more options. For example "Custom Site", and for that site to have predefined pages and dashboard.

I saw a parcial solution  but I don't want to modify existent files from Alfresco, instead I want to add my own files(xml, js, etc) or something else, but not modifying anything.

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Create a new kind of site

Since Alfresco 4.2 you can use the Surf Extension Module feature to customise the "Create Site" dialog to add additional site presets without having to touch / override the original files from Alfresco. The general approach is documented on docs.alfresco.com. For a modification of the"Create Site" dialog you will have to target the org/alfresco/modules/create-site.get.js web script controller (which previously you would have to override).

cesarista
Customer

In addition to that mentioned by Axel, the following addon (site space templates) is useful when customizing sites:

GitHub - jpotts/share-site-space-templates: Adds the ability to create a default set of folders in a... 

Regards.

--C.

agborrego92

I did exactly that, and nothing happened. I edited org/alfresco/modules/create-site.get.js, even I cleaned it entirely and nothing changed. I did the same thing in create-site.get.html.ftl and nothing.
I don't know what is happening. The steps in the GUI are simple: Menu Sites/Create Site/ and the dialog appears as always, with just one type in the html select. I restarted Alfresco a lot of times. I'm using Alfresco 5.2 but I don't think that's the cause.