Dynamical reloading web resources (client side js (YUI2 script) and css) in SDK 3 with Hotswap Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxdykhno
Member II

Dynamical reloading web resources (client side js (YUI2 script) and css) in SDK 3 with Hotswap Agent

Could anyone clarify how to dynamically reload client side js (YUI2 script) and css files without restarting server using sdk 3.0 and jar packaging with HotSwap Agent? I use all-in-one project, created simple surf share page with one component where simple YUI2 component is used. js script for YUI2 component resides in "{root folder of share module}/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources" folder. The problem is that I can't dynamically reload this script. I always have to restart server. Is it actually possible to do that using HotSwap agent? Thanks in advance for any help.

4 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Dynamical reloading web resources (client side js (YUI2 script) and css) in SDK 3 with Hotswap Agent

Hi Mark,

Did you try with the suggestion in the document below?

Alfresco SDK 3.0 Beta User Guide  

(Paragraph: Hot reloading of Share extensions)

From the information I have, hot reloading on SDK 3.0 is fully supported only on platform side (AIO or Platform JAR projects) but you can try the suggested path in the doc.

I hope this help.

mrks_js1
Established Member II

Re: Dynamical reloading web resources (client side js (YUI2 script) and css) in SDK 3 with Hotswap Agent

what exact version of the sdk version are you using? 

maxdykhno
Member II

SDK 3.0.

mrks_js1
Established Member II

to get the exact version:

grep "alfresco.sdk.version" pom.xml

for example:

<alfresco.sdk.version>3.0.0-beta-5</alfresco.sdk.version>