cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiscesarinfo
Active Member II

Alfresco community 201704 performance

Hi guys,

Recently I've installed the version 201704 of alfresco community and comparing to 5.0.d version, the new one is considerable slower than the old one. I did a new config to JVM (JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx3G") as suggested but it still too slow.
Just to open the menu "Admin tools" it's taking between 10 and 12 seconds in the new version, while the old version takes only 3 seconds or less.

Any ideas?

I'm using a Linux 64 bits AWS instance, 2 vCPU and 8Gb RAM.

Regards,

Luis Camargo.

4 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Alfresco community 201704 performance

Hi Luis:

Try setting higher memory settings with -Xmx5G (or -Xmx6G) and restart Alfresco service.

Maybe this helps and the interface is not so slow then.

Regards.

--C.

luiscesarinfo
Active Member II

Thanks for reply Cesar Capillas

Unfortunately it didn't work. I'v tried many different memory settings but it still too slow.

Any other tip?

mrks_js1
Established Member II

1 vcpu apparently is 1 thread. not 2. EC2 Instance Types – Amazon Web Services (AWS)  

we experienced that you must have at least 4 threads for tomcat 7 to run properly.

cesarista
Customer

Agree with Markus, CPU is one of the key factors, especially if you don't have SOLR in a separate server or if you are running your database locally. IO may be another factor, if your (local) hard disk is pretty slow (cheap), when SOLR, database and Alfresco repo are competing for IO resources in the same disk. The only thing that it is still quite surprising is that difference between two "close" Alfresco versions.

Regards.

--C.