How can I call the start process instance REST endpoint specifying the start user or initiator that I need?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchuquen
Member II

How can I call the start process instance REST endpoint specifying the start user or initiator that I need?

Hello to everybody.

We have an activiti web app client that uses the activiti REST API. I use an admin user and password for basic authentication to start process instances. Since I am using admin user for authentication all process instances have user admin as start user or initiator, but I need that the process instances have an start user or initiator that I define. How can I call the start process instance endpoint (/service/runtime/process-instances/ POST) specifying the start user or initiator that I need???

Very thanks to everybody.

1 Reply
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: How can I call the start process instance REST endpoint specifying the start user or initiator that I need?

I don't think it's an attribute on the endpoint as by default the user will be whoever is authenticated. But you could make your own modification to add the attribute and then in the backend you'd need to set the user through either the IdentityService's setAuthenticatedUserId if you're using it or Athentication.setAuthenticatedUserId.