Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhchemss
Established Member

Ending an execution after a parallel gateway

Jump to solution

Hello everyone ?

Currently we are having a trouble when we want to end an execution coming from a parralel gateway ,

The problem occurs only when the last task before the none end event has a form with fields (dropdown,textfield,..)

if we remove the form from the task ; we can end the execution by completing the task without any exception.

anyone faced this problem before ?

Here I join the exception message ,and the app (zip file) maybe one of you guys can helps with this, this is a topic considered urgent and we are now stuck in this.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Chemss

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjose
Senior Member II

Re: Ending an execution after a parallel gateway

Jump to solution

You can raise a case and support team should be able to advise you with the next steps. As far as I know there is an open JIRA on this issue 

CIju

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I think it is to do with the process modeling. Is there a particular reason why you don't merge the parallel gateways? I can think of the following two possibilities

1. You want to terminate the other active paths upon reaching an end state - in this case, modify the process as per the attached bpmn xml "NotFoundExecution Bug-Terminate.bpmn20.xml"
  2. You want to wait and merge all parallel paths before ending the process - in this case, modify the process as per the attached bpmn xml  "NotFoundExecution Bug-Merge.bpmn20.xml"

Try and modify the process in one of the above ways and see if you get the error. Hope this helps with your issue.

Ciju

bhchemss
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks for the effort ,

The reason we didn't want to put a join parallel gateway before reaching the wait 1 task , is to give the possibilty to the user to complete that task , we could put the join before the end none event but this will complicate our model as we have a long process to model (too many rows to model at the end if so)

1. We don't want to terminate the active paths so end terminate event won't help in this case

2.If we merge like you did in the your model , the process should wait for the task wait 2 to be completed to give the execution to another user to complete the Wait 1 task.

The error is thrown if the last remaining task (after the other parallel path reached the end event already) is referencing a form.

This is what the support told us :

The reason for this is is the parent execution being ended by the first end event and while loading the form, the engine trying to get form field values of earlier task forms by accessing the parent execution, as someone might have used a form field with the same field id somewhere before the parallel gateway.

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

Based on your reasons it makes sense to model it this way. Also, as per BPMN spec it is not really necessary to merge/join the parallel gateway (a new learning for me too) into a "None" end event!. This has been asked before on this communityBehaviour Parallel Gateway without Join. The activiti engine is working all good executing both the execution paths in parallel and you can see that by viewing the process in admin application. I believe it is the logic for UI that is failing in this case!  If this is an urgent thing, I'm afraid changing the model to have a parallel join is the only option (as far as I'm aware!)

Ciju

bhchemss
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks again

Any chance to fix this in the next version of APS ? if yes how should we proceed to report this ?

cjose
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

You can raise a case and support team should be able to advise you with the next steps. As far as I know there is an open JIRA on this issue 

CIju