Why did Activity 6 remove the delegateExecution method getCurrentActivityName()?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brendenr

Why did Activity 6 remove the delegateExecution method getCurrentActivityName()?

Attempting to migrate to v6 but I'm finding that the DelegateExecution class removed the method getCurrentActivityName(). Why is this the case, and is there another way I can achieve this functionality?

For reference:

DelegateExecution (Activiti - Engine 5.22.0 API) 

DelegateExecution (Activiti - Engine 6.0.0.RC1-SNAPSHOT API)  [Missing getCurrentActivityName()]

2 Replies
ryandawson
Alfresco Employee

Re: Why did Activity 6 remove the delegateExecution method getCurrentActivityName()?

This is a change that was made some time ago but it is possible to see the details of the commit that made the change - Fixes for ExecutionListenerTest · Activiti/Activiti@801fad8 · GitHub . I take it this change is having an impact on you. Have you been able to find an alternative way to deal with your use-case?

brendenr

Re: Why did Activity 6 remove the delegateExecution method getCurrentActivityName()?

I didn't find an obvious solution after posting, but I have shifted gears for the moment. When I come back to this I'll update on what I find