cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zux
Member II

Workflow: Criteria and value for "approved" status

Hello,
I need to convert the document to pdf after the Alfresco workflow approval process.

I understand that I need to create a rule on the folder ("convert in pdf the document when it is approved"...)
but I do not understand which criteria and what value to use.

(maybe bpm: outcome ????)

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

3 Replies
mkappel
Active Member II

Re: Workflow: Criteria and value for "approved" status

Hi zux zux,

Can you please provide us with some more details? Are you using the embedded Activiti engine in Alfresco?

You could consider a custom data model respectively aspect for the document with a property "approval status" and a constraint like "not approved, in approval, approved". Once the workflow has been passed with an approval, in the last step of the workflow you can set the property "approval status" to "approved". You can use this property as a condition for the rule in Alfresco to convert document into PDF.

Does this make sense?

Martin

zux
Member II

Hi Martin,
thank's for your help.
Any information:
Yes, I've create a custom data model for increase the information about the document.
Your approach is very good (add an aspect called "Approval status") and manage the process (convert the document in PDF or other action) throgh this aspect.

Your approach foresees that I can not use Alfresco's simple workflows but I have to create a customized workflow. Correct?

I use the Alfresco Community v5.2.0 edition and I suppose that embedded Activiti engine in not supported.
Or I'm in wrong?

How to activate the Activiti engine in my alfresco?

Thank's a lot

zux

mkappel
Active Member II

Hi zux,

Alfresco always comes with the Activiti engine embedded and you can manage your own workflows. See Creating and managing workflows.

But you should also consider trying Alfresco Process Services, which of course consist of Activiti engine as well, but comes with much more comfortable ways to design the workflow with web-based process designer, way more flexible, nice and powerful forms designer, etc.

Martin