AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solr 6 external integration with Alfresco Community 201707

Question asked by anandhan on Aug 31, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 31, 2017 by cesarista

Hi,

We are trying to integrate Alfresco Community 201707 with Solr 6 distribution, alfresco-search-services-1.1.0. Please find the steps tried so far.

Server 1 - Alfresco & Solr 6 in same server (Working)

1. Installed Alfresco Community with Solr 4.
  2. Download Alfresco Solr 6 distribution, unpack and copy the Solr 6 folder to ALFRESCO_HOME.
  3. Run the below command ALFRESCO_HOME/solr6/solr/bin/solr start -a "-Dcreate.alfresco.defaults=alfresco,archive"
  4. Then open the url  "http://localhost:8983/solr" I can able to see the  both Alfresco and Archive are in the dropdown in solr admin page.
  5. After that editing the alfresco-global.properties file (ALFRESCO_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties) with below configuration.

### Solr indexing ###

index.subsystem.name=solr6

solr.host=localhost

dir.keystore=${dir.root}/keystore

solr.port=8983

solr.port.ssl=8984

solr.secureComms=none

solr.baseUrl=/solr

6. Disable the Solr
 4 subsystem following the below steps:
    1. Disable Solr 4 tracking in the ALFRESCO_HOME/solr4/workspace-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties file. enable.alfresco.tracking=false
    2. To remove the Solr 4 web application and indexes, stop the Tomcat server which is running Solr 4.
    3. Remove the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/webapps/solr4 directory and the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/webapps/solr4.war file
    4. Remove the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr4.xml file.
  7. Then I can able to search the content in alfresco site. Note: If both the alfresco and solr are in same server means I can able to search the records.

Alfresco in Server 1 & Solr 6 in Server 2 (Error)

• Repeated the above steps from 2 to 5 in server 2 for solr installation.
  • Modified solr.host=server 2 ip from the above 5th step.
  • Now If I search some content in alfresco site. search record displays nothing.

Please help us how to configure if alfresco and solr are in different server.

Outcomes