AnsweredAssumed Answered

Continuous Integration and Delivery with SDK 3.0

Question asked by gluck113 on Sep 18, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by marktielemans

Hello Everybody, 

Lately I've been wondering about Continuous Integration and Delivery best practices for an Alfresco project. Unfortunately, I found mainly dated presentation (SDK 1.0). I think that with the SDK 3.0 things change a little bit:-)

I personally think that the best solution is to deliver the final .war file. This guarantees no further manipulation (apply_amps.sh), no generation error and easier rollback.

But in any case, here are all the possibilities I thought:

1. Generate amp file and deliver it
  2. Generate .jar file and deliver it
  3. In the CI take the generated amp from apply it to a war and deliver that war
  4. run the "alfresco:run" command with "generate-wars-only" profile and get the resulting war. (Not a big fan)

What do you think:

1. Do you see other possibilities?
  2. How do you manage your CI/CD on your Alfresco projects?

Sources:

1. Make it possible to generate WARs without alfresco:run in SDK 3.0 · Issue #420 · Alfresco/alfresco-sdk · GitHub 
  2. GitHub - toonconvents/alfresco-sdk: The Alfresco SDK based on Apache Maven, includes support for rapid and standard deve… 
  3. Enabling Test-Driven, Rapid Dev, & Continuous Delivery of Alfresco Apps | Alfresco Summit is becoming Alfresco Days 
  4. https://www.alfresco.com/cmis/browser?id=71b66e10-deeb-40fd-92f2-bb57cdb3b9de%3B1.0 

Outcomes