Issue with accessing Alfresco in cloud on the Navy server.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmehta
Member II

Issue with accessing Alfresco in cloud on the Navy server.

We use Alfresco on the cloud to share documents with our clients. Our client is having issues as Alfresco seems to be blocked for them.

Here is the statement from the employee who is looking into the issue. Please if someone could help or give me an contact person who could help resolve this issue for us.

"

I checked all boundaries from NMCI to DISA and neither the DNS name (alfresco) or the IP address(s) associated with the site are on block lists.

When I attempted to access the site on Firefox I got a bit more information.  I got this error:  SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The error indicates that the SSL connection is trying to use a non-standard web port to communicate.  Meaning other than port 443.

With that being said, it appears the site changed its configuration at some point causing this outage.  I do not see any issues on the Navy side for this one.

My suggestion would be to either get this information to one of their technical people to investigate or I am willing to talk to someone if a name can be provided.

"

Thank you

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Issue with accessing Alfresco in cloud on the Navy server.

Ehm, are we talking about the United States Navy here? AFAIK they are an Enterprise customer of Alfresco and thus have access to the official support channels. This platform is "just" a place for community members to exchange / collaborate / ask&answer questions on their own time.

If you use Alfresco in the cloud, then you too are a paying customer for that service, and there is a support system (last I checked) in place for cloud service related issues as well. This should be your primary point of contact for issues with the cloud offering.

mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Issue with accessing Alfresco in cloud on the Navy server.

You can also create this error if you are using a wrong url. For example using

https://Community.alfresco.com:80 for the Community Site 

would cause the same error...

checked your url?