cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaffi
Partner

Add an aspect on cm:person

Dear community

I need to add some functionality that the customer can map the position of the user within the organisation (e.g. leader, employee) . An organisation within Alfresco is the same as a Alfresco Site.

First I thought about to create a new siteRole  with the corresponding title. But If I add one, I will receice the error that the authority does not exist on existing sites.

Therefore  I am asking is it possible to add an apsect on a cmSmiley Tongueerson object and how can I make a form to apply this information? I only found a really old tutorial from Jeff Potts.

Can somebody give more information to this case ?

Regards
Kaffi

5 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Add an aspect on cm:person

I was going to respond with a link to a really old tutorial I wrote, but I guess I won't now! Smiley Happy

kgastaldo

Many (all?) of Jeff Potts‌ tutorials are still relevant. I would say give that one and try and let us know if you get stuck somewhere! 

marktielemans
Active Member II

You could, but there are no form extension points for person objects that I know of. You'd probably have to edit the edit person form itself.

If you use LDAP sync, there might be a field in the AD you can use? It's quite easy to map a custom AD field to a new or existing person object property. This would also mean the field is filled automatically with syncs.

kaffi
Partner

I have only found this tutorial from Jeff. Tip: Adding your own properties to a person object in Alfresco 3.4 | ECM Architect  Is this one still valid? Do somebody has experiance with that in Alfresco 5.X?

@Mark They only use Alfresco NTLM for login.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

Kaffi

douglascrp
Advanced II