AnsweredAssumed Answered

no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL table

Question asked by cttw on Nov 9, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by cjose

Hi, 

I am using Activiti 5.21 in my spring boot application and want to check the history of the process variables that are updated in the journey at any point. The histories are maintained in ACT_HI_DETAIL table of activiti but in my case, there are no entries at all in this table. The remaining tables have entries as expected. 

I also referred to the activiti user guide where it says the historyLevel should be configured as full for the highest level of history archiving.

In my project, I have set the history level(spring.activiti.historyLevel= full) in application.properties file but still there are no entries in ACT_HI_DETAIL even after the completion of a journey.

The User Guide also shows two different ways to set the history level.

1.) can be configured programmatically with this code:

ProcessEngine processEngine = ProcessEngineConfiguration  .createProcessEngineConfigurationFromResourceDefault()  .setHistory(HistoryLevel.AUDIT.getKey())  .buildProcessEngine();

but where do I put this code in my project?

2.) can be configured in activiti.cfg.xml or in a spring-context:

1 2 3 4
<bean id="processEngineConfiguration" class="org.activiti.engine.impl.cfg.StandaloneInMemProcessEngineConfiguration">  <property name="history" value="audit" />  ...</bean>

but I couldn't find  activiti.cfg.xml in my project.

How do I get the variables to be stored in ACT_HI_DETAIL  table? need help
Thanks 

Outcomes