Trying to get WEBDAV to work on Community Edition 201711 EA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scamby
Member II

Trying to get WEBDAV to work on Community Edition 201711 EA

I am trying to get WEBDAV to work on Community Edition 201711 EA.  Specifically trying to map a drive on our Windows 2008 server to the WEBDAV location.  The WEBDAV browser links work fine (both /webdav and /aos) but for the life of me I can't get the drive mapping in Windows 2008 to work.  I've tried using the URL and the \\servername\share syntax with no success.  Am I missing something else?

5 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Trying to get WEBDAV to work on Community Edition 201711 EA

Is your server configured to use SSL?

What is the url your are using when you try to connect?

scamby
Member II

No.  The 2 URLs that work are http://servername.domain.com:8080/alfresco/webdav and http://servername.domain.com:8080/alfresco/aos.  I also made the registry changes mentioned in this post - WebDav Map Drive Windows 7.

douglascrp
Advanced II

The reason to ask about the SSL is exactly because of that Windows registry that has to be changed.

Have you tried in another Windows machine just to make sure it works before trying with that specific machine?

scamby
Member II

I just set up my Windows 7 laptop and had the same result.  The registry entries I made on both machines are;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WebClient\Parameters\BasicAuthLevel = 2

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Internet\BasicAuthLevel = 2  (I'm using Office 2016 on my laptop and I think its 14.0 on the server)

The Desktop Experience feature is installed on the 2008 server.

scamby
Member II

Anyone else have any ideas on this?