Workflow - backslash in nodeRef properties url.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djarty
Active Member II

Workflow - backslash in nodeRef properties url.

Hello!

Fresh Community Edition (or trial access).

Have a doc - workflow started with this doc.

If we look doc properties (from my files or site documents lib) we can see started workflows related with this doc.

If we need to see this workflow right now - click on workflow link.

And see blank page or error mess.

Look like because the link have backslashes in url nodeRef properties:

.../workflow-details?workflowId=activiti$777&nodeRef=workspace:\/\/SpacesStore\/75f1

If remove \ by hand - we can see right workflow.

How to fix this problem globally?   (trial site affected too)

12 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Workflow - backslash in nodeRef properties url.

This is a bug in the document-workflows.get.html.ftl template that renders the links incorrectly. The NodeRef is escaped as a JavaScript value, but should instead be escaped as a URL value. This needs to be patched to fix the issue. As far as I can see, no issue exists yet in the Alfresco JIRA, so you should create one for it.

djarty
Active Member II

Thank you!

I make the ticket [ALF-21963] Workflow - backslash in nodeRef properties url. - Alfresco JIRA 

No reaction yet.

May be possible to make quickfix myself?

djarty
Active Member II

Hm... Alfresco team say - "cant reproduce" the issue. Really strange. Anybody can reproduce too?

alan4742
Member II

Wow, I have the same issue, the \ in my workflow url appears. I don't know how to fix it. 

resplin
Intermediate

I updated ALF-21963. We have tried to reproduce this issue three times. We see the strange backslash, but the workflow details page loads fine.

If someone wants to submit a pull request removing the backslash, we would evaluate it. But we can't prioritize a change that doesn't appear to impact behavior unless we are already in that part of the code.

djarty
Active Member II

"..updated ALF-21963.." - you mean close it without any changes? 

"..We see the strange backslash, but the workflow details page loads fine.." - what browser and OS you use? In Firefox,Chrome,Opera under Lin/Win backslashes make error page loading if url have backslashes (think any url, not only from Alfresco). 

If anyone else confirm the problem and have good programming level please commit patch on GitHub. 

All problems with code in Alfresco anytime fixed (really not fixed) like this? Almost month gone and devs only finally can "..see strage backslash.." but cant do nothing.  Just interesting - Enterprise version have whis problem too ( If 14 day trial have this problem too)? 

afaust
Master

Note: Share and its related projects are (still) not on GitHub (yet) and thus no one can submit a pull request for this. And if we did, how would this be reviewed / accepted, when the Alfresco engineers don't see anything wrong with the current behaviour?

Also, I am quite surprised that they cannot reproduce the issue. It took me only 5 minutes just now to launch the Alfresco trial, login, start an ad-hoc task and see the very same behaviour that Artem reported. And I am running a client / locale config that is likely as close as possible to an English user: WIndows 10 running in EN, Firefox Quantum 57 running with EN as content locale.

djarty
Active Member II

Thank you for support Axel. Thank you for patch in JIRA. 

Hope all other got global bugfix from Alfresco Team finally.

resplin
Intermediate

@Artem It is not unusual for an issue that is inconsistently reproduced to take a few rounds of back-and-forth to arrive at a solution. We appreciate your collaboration in this process.

Thanks for the patch Axel Faust

Apologies for referring to a pull request. I'm told that the Share project in GitHub is close to where we can make it public.

I see the strange backslash in the URL, but the page continues to load fine. I'm very curious what the difference is between your environments and my environments.

In these sorts of situations where it seems like an obvious problem, but we can't reproduce it and we haven't had it reported widely, we rely on our open source collaborators to assist with the issue as one of the ways in which we prioritize it.