I want to develop API in alfresco which will enable to upload documents in Alfresco repository along with custom metadata/properties. My current alfresco version is 5.2.
I found that this can be achieved by either CMIS APIs or REST APIs. Not sure which option is best for below some sample requirement scenarios:
- Upload document with custom metadata/attributes/properties.
- Update custom metadata/attributes/properties.
- Increment version numbers if new file is uploaded for same document id.
- Initiate custom workflow based on document metadata/attributes/properties.
- Fetch only document metadata/attributes/properties OR file OR both by document unique id.
- Apply custome permissions to enable restricted access.