Open file in WEBDAV like network resource

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidedavide

Open file in WEBDAV like network resource

Hello community, I would have a problem in opening certain executable files as doc, docx directly on the webdav, displayed as a network resource on Windows 10. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
6 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Open file in WEBDAV like network resource

Can you describe , what is the exact issue which you are facing to open document.Including the error log will help.

davidedavide

Hi Krutik Jayswal, thanks for the answer. I state that I have configured webdav as a windows network resource. There is no real log. simply when I want to open for example a doc file, docx, odt or excel file, powerpoint (directly in webdav) does not display anything. I can hardly get access to my files uploaded to alfresco through windows, while some executable files uploaded to the server with other extensions provide open errors.

I hope I have been helpful

davidedavide

Hi Krutik,

i have a doubt, I have the community edition of alfresco, could there be restrictions on the webdav? is it necessary to have the enterprise edition? thanks for your patience and sorry for my bad english

davidedavide

can nobody solve this problem?

davidedavide

it only happens with the files in doc format and files with the extension relative to a program I use (.qvm) while the other files open normally

douglascrp
Advanced II

No, Enterprise is not required for this.

It should work the same way both for Community and Enterprise.

Please, provide more details about the setup, Alfresco version, AOS version, any kind of configuration you have done both on the server and on the client machine, is SSL enabled?

And please, re-check the Alfresco's log file in order to try to identify any useful message in there when you open the files.