cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zputnoky
Established Member

Wiki pages used by several sites

Dear All,

Thinking about using Alfresco's Wiki functionality to store HowTo and User Guide pages. Noticed that the screeshots should be uploaded into the Document Library of a given site. Is there a way to create some wiki pages which are shared between several sites?

Thanks alot for your help and Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all

Zsolt Putnoky

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Wiki pages used by several sites

I did implement something like this for a customer once. There is no out-of-the-box functionality for this, but using the core features of multi-filing (ability to have content be contained in multiple folders) and event-based processing (policy / behaviour) this can be achieved programmatically. A new action "Share with site" could create a secondary child association in the wiki of the target site, and the event based processing could add the members of that site with their specific permissions on the individual wiki page shared that way.

Again, it requires custom development to do this, and would entail both client-side JavaScript and server-side JavaScript and/or Java expertise.

zputnoky
Established Member

Re: Wiki pages used by several sites

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the reply. I found a blog post on the net which explains how to connect the Help button to a Wiki. I will try to do the following: build the HowTo wiki pages in a dedicated site within the repository, then point the help to this wiki. If this is possible, then the solution is a simple one as the content of the help is shared accross the whole application.

Zsolt Putnoky