How do I enable the ability for admins to send emails to all users so we can notify of upgrades and down times?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clsore

How do I enable the ability for admins to send emails to all users so we can notify of upgrades and down times?

8 Replies
kalpesh_c2

Re: How do I enable the ability for admins to send emails to all users so we can notify of upgrades and down times?

Hi Clinton Sorey‌,

You may create presentation web script of admin-console family to show new tool in Admin Tools, where you can specify message to be sent in mail and any other input as per your requirement. After this, data web script needs to be created to accept the data submitted by the presentation web script and to send the email to all users.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

ContCentric

mehe
Senior Member II

Re: How do I enable the ability for admins to send emails to all users so we can notify of upgrades and down times?

It depends... we usually use an external Mailinglist or Newsletter because the Users are imported from a directory (ldap, AD...). So we have a central notification instance for all apps, including alfresco.

This is also working if alfresco is down unexpectedly.

clsore

I see what you are doing here. But we also have external users that are not in our AD system.

clsore

If no other options are available, then this is most likely the option we will have to go with.

mehe
Senior Member II

I usually prefer the external maillist solution, because we are able to send informations to the users even if alfresco is down. External Users are transferred/exported to the list.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

For this notification task in Alfresco, instead of sending emails I use these kind of modules:

GitHub - jpotts/share-announcements: Alfresco add-on that allows system announcements to be managed ... 

GitHub - Redpill-Linpro/alfresco-systemmessages 

Regards.

--C.

mehe
Senior Member II

...or a messenger/chat room

mehe
Senior Member II

very good for planned actions/downtimes - not applicable in accidental scenarios like "due to a san-storage problem our alfresco system is down. We're working on it, but it won't be fixed before 16:30"