How do I make so that saved searches are preloaded onto the dashboard of new users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christiano
Member II

How do I make so that saved searches are preloaded onto the dashboard of new users?

I'm a total noob on Alfresco, got it runnig, modified some xml but simply can't preload my searches for new users.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: How do I make so that saved searches are preloaded onto the dashboard of new users?

It is possible to pre-configure user dashboards via a Surf preset. In the component binding it is possible to specify properties (parameters) for the component (Saved Search dashlet), which can be used to provide default configurations. Check the tutorial for adding a new preset for how to provide a user dashboard preset. Be aware though that the preset is only used when a dashboard is first initialised for a new user. If you already have users with dashboard, there is by default no feature to change them centrally. For this reason, the OOTBee Support Tools addon provides new tools to reset and re-initialise existing dashboards.

christiano
Member II

Re: How do I make so that saved searches are preloaded onto the dashboard of new users?

excellent! will try it after carnaval. thank you!