cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aht
Member II

Share-config for a mayor update of a workflow

Jump to solution

I have Alfresco AOI 5.2 (sdk 3). I deployed a new version of a workflow (activiti 5.19) with new features and paths. Older version of my workflow instance (in fly) keeps the old WF (thats ok) but the menus/forms they are using are from last and new version of share-config-custom... with controls (buttons) to paths that do not exists in the old version.

So when my users click on buttons they got a non I18n error msg Smiley Sad I want people with old WF not to see the menus/forms made for the new WF verion. How can I achieve that?

If this is not possible, another option could be to customize the error msg. I found out the error msg is a gatewayActivitiException and it doesn't have a stacktraceprint in catalina. The msg is hardcoded in that class, i didn't found a properties file.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Share-config for a mayor update of a workflow

Jump to solution

In order to support distinct forms for distinct versions of your workflow, you have to use distinct workflow start / task types so you can actually differentiate between those different versions. There is no "workflow version" distinction in Alfresco Share by default, so you cannot simply configure it via share-config-custom.xml unless you are already using distinct task types.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Share-config for a mayor update of a workflow

Jump to solution

In order to support distinct forms for distinct versions of your workflow, you have to use distinct workflow start / task types so you can actually differentiate between those different versions. There is no "workflow version" distinction in Alfresco Share by default, so you cannot simply configure it via share-config-custom.xml unless you are already using distinct task types.