we have alfresco 3.2r and i want to migrate to 3.4.0e how to do it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
develop1
Member II

we have alfresco 3.2r and i want to migrate to 3.4.0e how to do it?

hello

we have alfresco 3.2r how can i migrate contente to alfresco 3.4.0e

do you have ideas ?

3 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: we have alfresco 3.2r and i want to migrate to 3.4.0e how to do it?

Hello.

First of all, I have to ask. Why are you using such an old version of Alfresco?

About the upgrade process, usually it is as simple as taking a backup from the origin system, and then restoring it over the new system, where the new version is installed.

The upgrade process is well documented at Alfresco Content Services upgrade paths | Alfresco Documentation 

For the backup you will need a copy of the contentstore folder, a database dump, and also the configurations or customizations that you have done.

For the latest, you have to make sure that it is still compatible with the version you are upgranding to.

develop1
Member II

Hello
we want to migrate to version 5.2 of alfresco we have already  the path to follow by the upgrade   2.1.0 -> 3.0.0 -> 3.2r -> 3.2r2 -> 3.4.d -> 4.0.0e à4.2.0 -> 5.0 à 5.2.but we miss the step of going from 3.2r to 3.2r2 . can you  give me more instructions about this step? and if we can take a shorter road for the upgrade
thanks
douglascrp
Advanced II

As you are going from 3.2r to 3.2r2, I guess it is safe to simply replace the war files (alfresco.war and share.war), start Tomcat and let the upgrade happen.

This should work just for this 3.2rs to 3.2r2 step. For the others, you should go with the install, restore and test process.

I am giving you an idea, but I personally have not tried that with those specific versions, as they are too old.

And of course, execute this tests in a test server before going to production, as things can not work, and you can put yourself in trouble.