cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghunandangowd
Active Member II

how do i disable edit in microsoft office option

Hello guys,

I want to know how to disable the "Edit in Microsoft Office" option. This option shouldn't come when I opened any doc/docx files.

[It shouldn't connect or redirect to any other links when i clicked on this option. This is what I wanted].

Please help me out guys.

Thanks in advance,

Raghu

7 Replies
kalpesh_c2

Re: how do i disable edit in microsoft office option

Hi,

"Edit in Mircrosoft Office" feature comes from 'alfresco.aos.module' amp.

If you do not want "Edit in Microsoft Office" option at all then you should uninstall

this amp.

Thanks,

Kalpesh

ContCentric

cesarista
Customer

Also, you also may configure evaluator.doclib.action.disableAction for the commented action in DocLibActions section for share-config-custom.xml

Regarding uninstalling the amp, take into consideration that AOS involves more stuff, like ./vti_bin.war for example.

Regards.

--C.

raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Hi,

I'm not able to remove the "Edit in Microsoft Office" option.. The  other options are getting disabled If i remove the 'alfresco.aos.module' from amp.. share me more descriptively. I'm new to Alfresco.

Thanks,

Raghu

raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Hi,

Can you tell step-by-step.. i want to remove only that option.

Thanks in advance,

iurysalino
Active Member II

Cristina MRDouglas C. R. Paes‌ como eu posso fazer isso:  evaluator.doclib.action.disableAction?

douglascrp
Advanced II

Boa tarde.

Você precisa fazer o mesmo que foi explicado aqui, https://community.alfresco.com/thread/213114-how-to-disable-download-document-action-on-alfresco-50d... 

A única diferença será o ID da ação, onde você deverá usar a da edição com o Office.

Like Douglas linked this is what you must do for disable the acion "Edit in Microsoft Office"

In the "/<JAVA_PROJECT_SHARE_AMP>/src/main/resources/META-INF/share-config-custom.xml" add this piece of code:

<config evaluator="string-compare" condition="DocLibActions">
         <actions>            
             <action id="document-edit-online-aos" type="link" label="actions.document.edit-online-aos">             
             <evaluator>evaluator.doclib.action.disableAction</evaluator>          
          </action>
        </actions>
    </config>

where evaluator.doclib.action.disableAction is bean setted on the file of your java project "/<JAVA_PROJECT_SHARE_AMP>/src/main/resources/alfresco/web-extension/<MODULE_NAME>-slingshot-application-context.xml":

<bean id="evaluator.doclib.action.disableAction" class="it.abd.alfresco.evaluator.DisableActionEvaluator">    
     </bean>

and on the file java "/<JAVA_PROJECT_SHARE_AMP>/src/main/java/it/abd/alfresco/evaluator/DisableActionEvaluator.java" like these:

package it.abd.alfresco.evaluator;
import org.alfresco.web.evaluator.BaseEvaluator;

public class DisableActionEvaluator extends BaseEvaluator {
    @Override
    public boolean evaluate(org.json.simple.JSONObject jsonObject) {
       return false;
    }
}