Upgrade 5.13 to 6.0.0 - Advanced Custom Session Manager

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpfrank
Member II

Upgrade 5.13 to 6.0.0 - Advanced Custom Session Manager

We are using Activiti 5.19.0.2 packaged inside a Grails 3 application.  I have customized the session manager with my own implementations of the 5.19.0.2 SessionFactory according to the 5.19.0.2 documentation.  It worked well in 5.19.0.2.  I am attempting to upgrade my application to use the Activiti 6.0.0 engine.  When I look at the 6.0.0 session documentation, I see similar instructions to the 5.19.0.2, but the import of the GroupIdentityManager class reference in the 6.0.0 documentation does not exist in the 6.0.0 source code (I downloaded the source code).    It seems that the 6.0.0 documentation wasn't updated?  Is there someplace else in the documentation I should look, or perhaps some unit/integration tests showing a custom User/Group session manager that corresponds to the 6.0.0 engine?  We are rolling out a software implementation in June, and I'd like to get our application to Activiti 6.0.0 ASAP.   I'd really appreciate a documented example of how to port my code to 6.0.0.  I do see a GroupDataManager class, but I am unclear if this is the correct class, and how to do the bean wiring configuration (Spring in our case) for the processEngineConfiguration.

1 Reply
miratph
Member II

Re: Upgrade 5.13 to 6.0.0 - Advanced Custom Session Manager

Don't know if you solve it. In case other people have a same problem, have a look at the EntityManagers section in the migration guide. Activiti Migraton Guide : Activiti v5 to Activiti v6