Email Collector

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shankhamajumdar

Email Collector

Hi,

I want to configure email collector in Alfresco which will poll the email from a certain mail box in some time interval. I am using Alfresco community version. Can you please let me know how to do that?

Regards,

Shankha

7 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Email Collector

There is no feature like that in the out-of-the-box Alfresco Community or Enterprise Edition. You'd have to implement such functionality yourself or find an existing addon for it.

shankhamajumdar

Hi Axel,

The below link says we can implement that.

products:emailcollector [Hmedia Wiki] 

Can you please have a look and let me know if this is fine?

Regards,

Shankha 

afaust
Master

That appears to refer to a very old / ancient addon. Alfresco 3.3 was released in 2011 I believe, and has since been superseded by multiple versions. The current one is 5.2, with 6.0 comming up this year. That page also does not list anywhere that addon can be downloaded. It is not clear who the owner rof the site is - the domain is registered to a generic hosting provider without any details to the actual owner of that static site.

shankhamajumdar

Hi Axel,

I am using Alfresco Community 5.2.0. I can see Email Exporter add on available. Is that going to fulfil the email poling requirement? Also can you please provide me some guide line on how to use Email Exporter?

Regards,

Shankha

afaust
Master

I don't know that one - could you provide a link? What does its documentation state?

shankhamajumdar

Hi Axel,

Here is the link

Alfresco Email Importer – alfrescosolutions 

Regards,

Shankha 

afaust
Master

This is a proprietary addon for which you should contact the developer / vendor.