AnsweredAssumed Answered

[SOLVED] Change FTP landing folder

Question asked by tonystra on Apr 29, 2018
Latest reply on May 10, 2018 by mehe

Hi,
I'm trying to change the default directory for FTP service.

My installation is Alfresco Community 5.2.0 

By default, when a user gets connected to Alfresco FTP, he lands in directory Alfresco, but i want a specific subfolder (i.e. /Alfresco/Sites/ftp-root/documentLibrary).

I've followed some tips suggested on the forum, but nothing changes. In alfresco documentation is specified that:

"Using the subsystem extension classpath mechanism, site specific customization of these default values can be placed in a Spring bean file. Create a file called custom-file-servers-context.xml and place it in a folder with the path <extension>\subsystems\fileServers\default\default\custom-file-servers-context.xml (note that the default\default part of the path is intentional)."

I've created custom-file-servers-context.xml with the following content:

<config evaluator="string-compare" condition="FTP Server">
      <rootDirectory>/Alfresco/Sites/ftp-root/documentLibrary</rootDirectory>
</config>

both in directory

/opt/alfresco/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/fileServers/default/default/

and

/opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/subsystems/fileServers/default/default/

It doesn't work. 

I'm not sure about the content of the file, because it is not documented anywhere what can be specified inside of it. I think that it must contain something like the content of
https://github.com/Alfresco/community-edition-old/blob/master/projects/repository/config/alfresco/subsystems/fileServers/default/file-servers-context.xml

Any help isapreciated.

Thanks,
Antonio

Outcomes