How to search nodes by document name from Alfresco front-end to see the nodeType and node id?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeitexpert

How to search nodes by document name from Alfresco front-end to see the nodeType and node id?

Hi All,

I just need to be able to search/browse the Alfresco's document nodes (using the front-end web) by name so that I can see the node id and nodeType for uploaded documents under a certain site and a path.

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

M

2 Replies
mikeitexpert

Re: How to search nodes by document name from Alfresco front-end to see the nodeType and node id?

I found the answer: 

I had to go to Admin tools from top,  and  Then I selected the first row for the table under Reference column.

Under children select app:company_home

Underr children select cm:documentLibrary and it takes right to the Document folder you need to go to. 

Let me know more details if any 

Thank you,

jpotts
Professional

Re: How to search nodes by document name from Alfresco front-end to see the nodeType and node id?

There are two add-ons I install on every system: OOTB Support Tools and JavaScript Console. The first one, Support Tools, isn't really relevant to your question, I just wanted you to know about it. The second one is very handy for all kinds of purposes. One of the features it adds is a pair of UI actions that make it easier to dump a given node, see below...

UI Actions Added by JavaScript Console Add-on

So while you can go to the Node Browser and search for or navigate to any node, as you've already discovered, these UI actions are helpful in cases where you might already be sitting on the node in Share and you want to immediately dump it (or use it in some server-side JavaScript).