cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakshik
Established Member

Alfresco Permission Instability

Hi All,

We have been facing severe permission issues lately. Anyone who is not in group ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS, is not able to access many folders inside alfresco despite having write permissions to that folder. The user is not able to see the logo of the site too.

And..

There are two folders inside the above path rev.1.1 and rev1. Both of them have identical permissions applied[same groups with same roles]. When I login as a non-admin user to alfresco, I am able to get into rev1 but not rev.1.1.

And..

Also I see the following message besides every folder in alfresco except the folders modified by myself:

Here blackri is not a deleted user. He is an active user accessing our site every day.

As soon as I add myself to ALFRESCO_ADMINISTRATORS, I can access any folder and then I don't even see the above message.

Anyone faced a similar issue or have an insight.

2 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Alfresco Permission Instability

Have you checked the defined permissions for those objects using the node browser?

Maybe you messed with the permission using some kind of code?

Scripts being executed by folder rules, maybe?

sakshik
Established Member

Re: Alfresco Permission Instability

Yes we checked the defined permissions using node browser. One possible cause could be the EVERYONE Group.

A number of months ago, we were exploring using alfresco to host certain web content. We were trying to make it so users would not need to login to alfresco to see certain pages. We could not find the EVERYONE Group and so we created an EVERYONE group thinking that it would allow everyone in to pages where we applied that group to have read access. It didn't work and we eventually deleted it. Is there a way to restore the EVERYONE role?