cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

labels within dictionaryBootstrap

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what is the purpose of labels property in bootstrap-context.xml. Where are the labels in the content-model file used?

<bean id="iceberg-alfresco-platform-jar.dictionaryBootstrap" parent="dictionaryModelBootstrap" depends-on="dictionaryBootstrap">
    <property name="models">
        <list>
            <value>alfresco/module/${project.artifactId}/model/ops-model.xml</value>
        </list>
    </property>
    <property name="labels">
        <list>
            <!-- Bootstrap Resource Bundles for the content model types, aspects, properties etc -->
            <value>alfresco/module/${project.artifactId}/messages/content-model</value>
        </list>
    </property>
</bean>

I also have some messages under web-extension/messages within my share-jar that I see are picked up in my share UI when I look up aspect etc. So I am not sure what is the purpose of the labes property in my dictionaryBootstrap within my bootstrap-context.xml in platform share?

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: labels within dictionaryBootstrap

You can provide localisation files to accompany your model, so that you can provide localised titles, descriptions and allowed values for your types, aspects, properties, constraints etc. These localisations are applied on the Repository-tier. Share does have some custom localisation messages in web-extension for specific features (such as "Manage Aspects"), but these are limited to the specific UIs only. With the localisations provided in the Repository-tier, other clients with access to the dictionary (i.e. via CMIS) are able to re-use the localisations in their UIs without having to manage their own translations, and as a result you will have more consistent UIs.