cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

Getting a ticket in open CMIS and passing it to query service

Jeff Potts‌ & alfresco experts, 

I have a username and password with which I get a ticket and then I use the ticket to query my alfresco repository. 

With Open CMIS how can I get a ticket and pass it along for querying

I am using the sample code in CMISExampleBase from Jeff Potts example to connect to my alfresco instance.

alfresco-developer-series/CMISExampleBase.java at master · jpotts/alfresco-developer-series · GitHub 

In the getSession method below, username and password is used to get a session, but my case is a bit different as outlined above. I need to pass username and password to get a ticket and then pass the ticket to my service. 

How can i achieve this?

public Session getSession() {

if (session == null) {
      // default factory implementation
      SessionFactory factory = SessionFactoryImpl.newInstance();
      Map<String, String> parameter = new HashMap<String, String>();

// user credentials
      parameter.put(SessionParameter.USER, getUser());
      parameter.put(SessionParameter.PASSWORD, getPassword());

// connection settings
      //parameter.put(SessionParameter.ATOMPUB_URL, getServiceUrl()); // Uncomment for Atom Pub binding
      //parameter.put(SessionParameter.BINDING_TYPE, BindingType.ATOMPUB.value()); // Uncomment for Atom Pub binding

parameter.put(SessionParameter.BROWSER_URL, getServiceUrl()); // Uncomment for Browser binding
      parameter.put(SessionParameter.BINDING_TYPE, BindingType.BROWSER.value()); // Uncomment for Browser binding

// Set the alfresco object factory
      // Used when using the CMIS extension for Alfresco for working with aspects and CMIS 1.0
      // This is not needed when using CMIS 1.1
      //parameter.put(SessionParameter.OBJECT_FACTORY_CLASS, "org.alfresco.cmis.client.impl.AlfrescoObjectFactoryImpl");

List<Repository> repositories = factory.getRepositories(parameter);

this.session = repositories.get(0).createSession();
   }
   return this.session;
}
3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Getting a ticket in open CMIS and passing it to query service

You cannot obtain an authentication ticket via CMIS. The only way is via the Alfresco ReST API.

kartech11
Active Member II

Thanks Axel Faust‌ for your response. I wanted to use CMIS as it apparently is easier to extract all the folders, subfolders and documents along with their metadata . If I use Alfresco REST API is it easy to extract folders, subfolders , documents along with their metadata? What approach should I take for the above?

afaust
Master

You asked for how to obtain a ticket, and I replied you cannot do that via CMIS but have to use ReST API. You can still use CMIS for those other use cases of dealing with files, folders etc. It just is not useful for dealing with tickets (apart from accepting ticket for authentication). Of course you can also use the new ReST API to deal with files and folders - it is a lot more low-level then CMIS but also less restrictive. I will not make any recommendation for that use case though since you need to figure out what works best for you.