Hi there ,
I am new to Alfresco Development . I have few basic question to start with. The following is my project requirement.
- I am looking at Alfresco primarily for storing content/documents which are images, text files , HTML and PDF files only.
- The above mentioned files are generated dynamically by some other application/process.
- I need to do use an APIs to store and retrieve files from Alfresco DMS.
- Currently I am using Windows file system to store file with following format
- When I am designing a content storage in Alfresco , can I use the same file structure as mentioned above or is there better way of defining the document folders in alfresco with different approach ?
- How is content model definition helps in defining above folder structure in Alfresco DMS? Should I define a content model for the above structure ?
- I work in Insurance industry , is there better way to do define this by making use of any insurance specific Alfrescos feature ?
- What’s custom content model ? Should I consider this for the above implementation ?
- Is CMIS connector supports for retrieving and creating files and folder for the above mentioned structure ?
- Can I use metadata concept for the above structure , how to define a metadata for the above mentioned requirement ? what all the consideration for implementing meta data in Alfresco ?
- Should I define folder structure manually or through java program or XML configuration .
Can some one please provide pointer or links for the above queries please ?
Thanks a lot