AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alfresco approach and design question

Question asked by brijeshnk on Jul 27, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 by brijeshnk

Hi there ,

I am new to Alfresco Development . I have few basic question to start with. The following is my project requirement. 

• I am looking at Alfresco primarily for storing content/documents which are images, text files , HTML and PDF files only. 

• The above mentioned files are generated dynamically by some other application/process. 

• I need to do use an APIs to store and retrieve files from Alfresco DMS. 

• Currently I am using Windows file system to store file with following format

PROD/<<year>>/<<month>>/<<month&&date>>/file1.pdf

PROD/<<year>>/<<month>>/<<month&&date>>/file2.html

PROD/<<year>>/<<month>>/<<month&&date>>/file3.jpg

Example 

PROD/2018/January/jan1/file1.pdf

/file2.html

/file3.jpg

PROD/2018/January/jan2/file1.pdf

/file2.html

/file3.jpg

Questions

1. When I am designing a content storage in Alfresco ,  can I use the same file structure as mentioned above  or is there better way of defining the document folders in alfresco with different approach ?
  2. How is content model definition helps in defining above folder structure in Alfresco DMS? Should I define a content model for the above structure ?
  3. I work in Insurance industry , is there better way to do define this by making use of any insurance specific Alfrescos  feature ?
  4. What’s custom content model ? Should I consider this for the above implementation ?
  5. Is CMIS connector supports for retrieving and creating  files and folder for the above mentioned structure ?
  6. Can I use metadata concept for the above structure , how to define a metadata for the above mentioned requirement ? what all the consideration for implementing meta data in Alfresco ?
  7. Should I define folder structure manually or through java program or XML configuration .

Can some one please provide pointer  or links for the above queries please ?

Thanks a lot

Outcomes