AnsweredAssumed Answered

Constraint Violation if Event Sub-Process is incomplete

Question asked by mo-nick on Jul 29, 2018

I have an Event Sub-Process triggered by Message Start Event.

Whenever the parent process reaches none end event while the sub-process is not finished yet, the following exception is thrown:

org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.PersistenceException:
### Error updating database.  Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`activiti-test`.`ACT_RU_TASK`, CONSTRAINT `ACT_FK_TASK_EXE` FOREIGN KEY (`EXECUTION_ID_`) REFERENCES `ACT_RU_EXECUTION` (`ID_`))
### The error may involve org.activiti.engine.impl.persistence.entity.ExecutionEntityImpl.deleteExecution-Inline
### The error occurred while setting parameters
### SQL: delete from ACT_RU_EXECUTION where ID_ = ? and REV_ = ?
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`activiti-test`.`ACT_RU_TASK`, CONSTRAINT `ACT_FK_TASK_EXE` FOREIGN KEY (`EXECUTION_ID_`) REFERENCES `ACT_RU_EXECUTION` (`ID_`))

I've also attached the graphical representation of my process. The exception is thrown whenever the "embedded user task" is not completed and the parent process reaches the none end event.

Attachments

Outcomes