cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milochanzy
Active Member II

Merging 2 Alfresco Repository Instances

Hi,

Assume there are 2 Separate instances of the Alfresco installed in Production environment. These 2 instances have content model, different database/content store, and different use base. So its like 2 different departments using different Alfresco Instances. Both instance have say 1TB of content store. Also assuming all the scripts and templates on both instances are identical.

Question is: How can we migrate (merge actually) the content from Repo 2 to Repo 1? We need to make sure the folder and document links are intact. Using Export feature ACP file is not the best option considering the size of Content Store.

Help Appreciated,

Thanks,

Milan.

7 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Merging 2 Alfresco Repository Instances

Hi:

When you say document links, do you mean noderef based ? 

Regards.

--C.

milochanzy
Active Member II

Hi,

I will go through the link and check.

Thanks,

Milan.

milochanzy
Active Member II

Hi,

By links I mean the ones we can create document/folder soft links in any given node.

Thanks,

Milan.

milochanzy
Active Member II

Hi Doug,

I checked out the link you shared both youtube and the ppt, both are on the same lines. They talk about using ACP Export/Import option to migrate or merge the repository. For 2 reasons this is not feasible in my query,

1) It's a very big Repo >2TB

2) When we use the ACP import/export across the repos we looks the links to the folders.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Milan.

douglascrp
Advanced II
milochanzy
Active Member II

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the details. Let me go through the links and get back. Appreciate your time and effort!

Thanks,

Milan.