AnsweredAssumed Answered

contentstore.deleted updated when no files removed from trashcan

Question asked by mattm on Aug 23, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2018 by mattm

Hi We are currently running a old version of alfresco version 4.0d which I am looking to virtualise and upgrade ut in doing so noticed that we are starting to run out of space, i have read a couple of the guides on the trascan and contentstore.deleted to see about removing the contents to increase the space before the upgrade.

However one thing that is concerning is thier are some things in contentstore.deleted ranging from 2011 to 2018, my  concern is that speaking to the last person who dealt with alfresco he is telling me he was told never to touch teh trashcan and hence has stuff going back to 2015 however if nothing is being removed the trashcan how is contentstore.deleted being updated?

I was under the impression that contentstore.deleted should only be updated when files are ophaned by being removed from the trashcan? and then only after 14 days.

I guess my question is, is there anything I should be concerned about before pruning contentstore.deleted like files to check to make sure it is actually working as expected?

Matt

Outcomes