cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poison65
Member II

Encrypted Content Services

Jump to solution

hi, I'm new in Alfresco and I want to know if the Encrypted Content Services is a feature only available in Enterprise Edition. Thanks for answers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Encrypted Content Services

Jump to solution

Encrypting your content store is a feature that - without looking at any 3rd-party addons in the Alfresco community - is only available in Alfresco Enterprise Edition. Since Alfresco is Open Source and encrypting file-content is a rather trivial exercise in Java-code, it is quite easy for any member of the community to implement such a feature without having to spent the tens of thousands of dollars (or more) that an Alfresco subscription would cost (especially if encryption is the only feature you may care about). I have implemented an encrypting content store as part of one of my addons, and I have seen other addons doing similar things in the past (mostly in hack-a-thon events).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Encrypting your content store is a feature that - without looking at any 3rd-party addons in the Alfresco community - is only available in Alfresco Enterprise Edition. Since Alfresco is Open Source and encrypting file-content is a rather trivial exercise in Java-code, it is quite easy for any member of the community to implement such a feature without having to spent the tens of thousands of dollars (or more) that an Alfresco subscription would cost (especially if encryption is the only feature you may care about). I have implemented an encrypting content store as part of one of my addons, and I have seen other addons doing similar things in the past (mostly in hack-a-thon events).

poison65
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Axel, I thank you very much. You were precious.