I get an error when accessing the self-signed server certificate system from Android.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoshiw
Member II

I get an error when accessing the self-signed server certificate system from Android.

I am using a community version with a self-signed server certificate.

I installed a CA certificate on android and connected, but there is a pattern that error_session_certificate error occurs.

• Android 5.1.1 & Alfresco 1.8.3.309 = success
  • Android 7.1.1 & Alfresco 1.8.274 = success
  • Android 7.1.1 & Alfresco 1.8.3.309 = error

How can I avoid errors?

Thank you, everyone.

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: I get an error when accessing the self-signed server certificate system from Android.

Potentially by using a better certificate. In the age of Let's Encrypt there should be no need to use a self-signed certificate for anything other than closed-network use cases. To be fair, I don't have any detailed information on the Alfresco Mobile client, but whenever I see "self-signed certificate" and "error", the self-signed bit is the first thing I would adress / eliminate as a potential source of the problem.

yoshiw
Member II

Re: I get an error when accessing the self-signed server certificate system from Android.

Thank you for your response.

I tried Let's Encrypt in the past, but I could not get it with Dinamic DNS that I use. This is because the number of uses in the domain has exceeded the limit as in the case of Azure's problem before.

Since I was able to use any patterns I wrote with Chrome, I thought that the CA certificate and server certificate I created are acceptable, but as you pointed out, the certificate has a potential problem There is a possibility of being held.

I also tried protecting information with client certificates. This worked correctly in Chrome, but "Alfresco for Android" could not present a certificate.

Please let me know if conditions of available certificates are known.

* Because I can not speak English, I create this sentence using Google Translate. Please forgive me when there is a wrong wording.

afaust
Master

As long as the name of the DNS entry you have dynamically assigned to your IP remains the same, you should be able to reuse a certificate and not have to generate so many that you hit the limit. But maybe I am misunderstanding your problem...