cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wutwat0
Member II

LDAP authentication integration Community Edition 6.0.x

Hello,

I have some questions regarding LDAP authentication with Community Edition 6.0.x

We have actually a server running version 5.0 with local user authentication which I want to upgrade to 6.0.x. Up to this point no problem, backup/restores, docker with Mariadb, all of that no problem, or I got around them.

My problem is with LDAP authentication: I want to use Samba AD users to log in with Alfresco, I got no problem with that, alfresco<->LDAP sync with different user parameters. 

BUT, what I wanted to is to switch from local user to LDAP user, I would like to migrate these local users to the LDAP users or "sync" them

Is this possible? How do I do that?

Regards,

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: LDAP authentication integration Community Edition 6.0.x

Alfresco supports such a "migration" out-of-the-box. It depends on the order of authentication subsystems in your authentication chain. If a user is synched from LDAP, and LDAP has a higher order than the previous subsystem in which the user was managed, it can "move" the user to the new subsystem. "Higher order" means that the LDAP subsystem would have to be listed in the authentication chain before the local subsystem (alfrescoNtlm). The only condition then would be that the user ID synched from LDAP match the user ID already used for the local user.

wutwat0
Member II

Re: LDAP authentication integration Community Edition 6.0.x

Allright thanks for the tip, I'll see how to do that and try it out. Thanks !