There was an error on this page

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beheer
Member II

There was an error on this page

Almost all of the users receive an message when the try to login: There was an error on this page:

We have restarted the server, restore older backups and the problem is still there.

I notice the following errors on the alfrescotomcat file: 

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [Spring Surf Dispatcher Servlet] in context with path [/share] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.extensions.surf.exception.PlatformRuntimeException: 10060000 Failed to init Request Context: Unable to initialise user during Request Context init. Probably a stale user Session.] with root cause
org.springframework.extensions.surf.exception.UserFactoryException: Unable to create user - failed to retrieve user metadata:

Is there someone that can tell us whats wrong and how to fix this?

3 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: There was an error on this page

Hi, 

Can you please let me know the restore steps you have followed?

There are standard Alfresco backup and restore steps. Backing up and restoring the repository | Alfresco Documentation 

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Hi,

Have some questions: also can you try some things below:

a) How is the user authenticated in your repository - meaning - do you have an external SSO? In that case need to check the timeout when the user session becomes stale and increase the timeout

b) OR authentication via OOTB alfresco mechanism (Kerberos, alfrescoNTLM) etc

c) Also can you provide the url for any user when the issue - need to check if the username . Also can you check if you are not facing issue when the username is in CAPS. (for eg TESTUSER and not testuser)

d) Try in a incognito browser window /clear the cookies and try.

Alfresco Content Services Certified Engineer (ACSCE)
adriannovasys
Member II

Have you find a solution for this issue ? I have the same.