Using alfresco-simple-ocr to get the content from a pdf to create a text document

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nueces
Member II

Using alfresco-simple-ocr to get the content from a pdf to create a text document

I all! I'm evaluating Alfresco Community Edition to use in our organization, currently I have installed the 5.2 version on a  Ubuntu Server 16.04 working with alfresco-simple-ocr using pdfsandwich 0.1.4.esearch I

I like to know if there is some way to get the content from a image or pdf file to use it as content for a new document. After some research I found a few reference to Content Transformers (and Renditions)  but before continue I like to know if  no one already do that and if not its it the correct path to follow? I'm new here so any clue is appreciated. 

Cheers.

nueces...  

2 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Using alfresco-simple-ocr to get the content from a pdf to create a text document

There can be two reasons to integrate OCR with alfresco, either to make the image with text searchable or to capture specific information from the document in order to do the further operations based on that.

If you just simply want to make images containing text searchable then follow Configuring OCR in Alfresco | ContCentric 

Please mention, for what reason you need OCR with Alfresco?

Thanks

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
nueces
Member II

Re: Using alfresco-simple-ocr to get the content from a pdf to create a text document

The second one. Capture the content from the image/pdf and generate a new text based document.

thanks.