How to design process with view and edit mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amruta_w

How to design process with view and edit mode?

Hello All,

I have process as shown below.

1. Here I have two task i.e., Draft and Review.(fig1)
  2. In draft i have outcomes as "save & submit".
  3. When i click on save the draft task should display in read only mode so for this i have created the new task as Draft view using display value pallet element(fig 2), in the draft view i have again outcome like edit, submit.
  4. when i click on edit again it moves to draft task. The thing is here i have created the new task for draft view. As this is simple process i can create but for complex project it requires me to create one extra task.
  5. And for the review also i have review view task.

Can anyone provide me the solution to avoid creating the task as draft view and review view.

Bassam Al-Sarori

Thanks & Regards

Amruta Wandakar

3 Replies
amruta_w

Re: How to design complex process?

Hello,

With respect to the question there is save button is provided, but here if i click on save button it will be in edit mode not in the view mode. And for view mode i have different outcomes for example: edit and submit, when i click on edit outcome again the task should open in edit mode(should show outcomes save and submit). The submit always move to next task.

Please can anyone help me to achieve the functionality. 

Thanks & Regards

Amruta Wandakar

gkorman125
Customer

Did you ever find a solution to this use case?  I have a similar requirement, and I'm not finding helpful solutions other then creating a completely duplicate form with display values.  This is lots of work and will end up causing a problem in maintenance.  If a field is added or removed from the draft form, then the same update will need to be made to the review form.

Mike-Clayton19
Member II

Hello, I have discovered a very interesting application for working with documents, https://loio.com/  it acts as an add-on to Microsoft Word, which is several times cheaper than modern software. Each user can customize it for themselves, which is very convenient.