Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela
Active Member II

Memory Utilization is high(95%) in alfresco community 5.2

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am using alfresco community 5.2 in production that take a lot of Memory usage in task manager. In windows server R2, Kindly help to solve this issue. Thanks in advance

Regards

Leela N 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Memory Utilization is high(95%) in alfresco community 5.2

Jump to solution

Since you are running a Windows service: Have you actually updated the service parameters of the Tomcat service via the tomcat8w utility (see Apache Tomcat 8 (8.5.38) - Windows service HOW-TO ) or just set a JAVA_OPTS in some bat file that is not actually being used in the WIndows service use case? Especially Xmx/Xms are only set via the service parameters AFAIK.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

How much memory has actually been assigned? Did you check with JVisualVM (check JDK tools) what area of memory is actually being used (eden, old gen)? Did you perform heap dump and analyze the memory to determine what is being held in memory?

leela
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response,

Our server configuration is 64GB RAM, hard disk space 5.2TB, windows servers R2. i have increased memory size in ctl.sh file JAVA_OPTS="-Xms10G -Xmx25G, also I have checked  using JVisualVM.

Attached here with screenshots for your reference, kindly help to resolve this issue. 

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

For what reason did you set the heap to use up to 25G of RAM (Xmx) if your actual usage is barely above 2G? It looks like setting it to 8 or 12G should be enough. I am also confused by your statement that your server has 64G, yet Java using 32G according to task manager already adds up to 96% memory use? That seems odd. Have you checked other applications / services running on your Windows host for excessive memory use?

leela
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for response,

I am Referring this link http://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/concepts/jvm-settings.html, then only i Decided to change the Min and Max Value in ctl.sh file. No other application are running in server, its a dedicated server.  Now i have changed   JAVA_OPTS="-Xms10G -Xmx25G  to JAVA_OPTS="-Xms2G -Xmx12G. But still I am facing the same issue, Kindly do needful. its high priority.

Here Below i have attached with screenshots for Task Manager.

leela
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Dear sir,

I done some JVM settings, refereing this link https://blyx.com/2015/02/05/alfresco-tuning-shortlist/ 

postgresql.conf file, I done Some changes

max_connections = 600 (More than 100 users are accessing this DMS, so that i increase the connection size).

shared-buffer = 1G

alfresco-global.properties file

db.pool.max=475

In  server.xml  file – section 8080, 8443 and 8004

maxThreads="400" 

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

How about expanding the process for Commons Deamon Service Runner to show the details...

leela
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Dear Sir,

Below i have attached with Screenshots. we requested you to provide solution at the earliest.

Regards

Leela N

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Since you are running a Windows service: Have you actually updated the service parameters of the Tomcat service via the tomcat8w utility (see Apache Tomcat 8 (8.5.38) - Windows service HOW-TO ) or just set a JAVA_OPTS in some bat file that is not actually being used in the WIndows service use case? Especially Xmx/Xms are only set via the service parameters AFAIK.

leela
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot...sir

optimization is completed, Now Memory utilization is 67%.