Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kring
Member II

Get users in group via a paging result using the AuthorityService

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to get the users from an Alfresco group as a paging result by using the AuthorityService in Java?

I have been looking at the methods of the AuthorityService but I cannot find an appropriate method to do this. The methods that come closest to what I need are these two:

public PagingResults<String> getAuthorities(AuthorityType type, String zoneName, String displayNameFilter, boolean sortByDisplayName, boolean sortAscending, PagingRequest pagingRequest);

and

public Set<String> getContainedAuthorities(AuthorityType type, String name, boolean immediate);

The former method can provide a paging result as needed, but not for a specific group only, and the latter can provide the users for a specific group but not as a paging result. Is there a way in which I can get the combined functionality of these two methods, i.e. get the users in a given group as a paging result?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Re: Get users in group via a paging result using the AuthorityService

Jump to solution

Hello,

You could try to encapsulate the call to getContainedAuthorities in a function that accept a PagingRequest parameter and return a PagingResults value.

You must handle yourself the creation of the object PagingResults in the new function.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Hello,

You could try to encapsulate the call to getContainedAuthorities in a function that accept a PagingRequest parameter and return a PagingResults value.

You must handle yourself the creation of the object PagingResults in the new function.

Regards

kring
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not think that it will work in my case due to performance issues. Some of the groups in my Alfresco system have a large number of users (~1500), so the call to getContainedAuthorities will be the bottleneck, i.e. this call will probably be the time consuming part of the processing. But I will investigate your idea further - otherwise I will have to make some more low-level calls to Alfresco - maybe make a call to the DB directly instead of using the AuthorityService. I can also see that there is an AuthoityDAO interface which may be of use.

Best regards

Andreas

kring
Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Roberto.

I tried to do what you suggested and i actually turned out to work fine! Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Andreas