AnsweredAssumed Answered

A guide on Installing and configuring non-docker 201901GA (or any 6.x) ?

Question asked by wclemo on Apr 1, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2019 by wclemo

I am looking for help on installing and configuring the ver 6.x ACS community edition manually. I don't want to use docker. I want to install manually via the distribution zip. All my installations attempts for various v6x versions have been unsuccessful, usually with Alfresco failing to start up successfully. I noticed that there are several setup guides on the net for previous versions but one can hardly get version 6 ones (I wonder how the uptake of ver 6 is !!). The only manual install guide I found is the script A script to install Alfresco Community 6.0  but somehow it didn't work for me. I also followed the official Alfresco guide but despite several days attempts I didn't succeed.

I must mention that java, tomcat and various apps that Alfresco uses are not my sphere. Just out of curiosity I tried the docker install and it worked "out of the box", but as I mentioned I dont want to do docker. For those who have managed to do a successful manual install, would you care to kindly share your step by step notes ?

Thanks in advance

Clemo

Outcomes