Permission between Collaborator and Manager role

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Permission between Collaborator and Manager role

When a user with manager role create a folder (say A), it is visible to a user with collaborator role. But the collaborator user cannot add or upload any document in to the folder. 

I have reached to point where it can be managed by using "Manage Permission" option when you hover over the folder.

But doing that for each folder that is created by manager is bit tiresome.

Is there any way we can work out where the manager user doesn't have to go into Manage permission every time the folder is created and the permission is set automatically the collaborator user can add or upload file to the folder. 

10 Replies
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Re: Permission between Collaborator and Manager role

Is it fresh installation?

if yes then it is default behaviour that collaborator  can upload file inside folder created by manager.

prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Hello Sanjay,

Yes, it is a fresh installation. Yes I understand it now.

Isn't it such that, if a folder is created by admin or manager level user and collaborator level user add or upload file to that folder then the collaborator level is allowed to delete that file. 

But now my new requirement is to make the collaborator level user not delete that file. the only users that can delete that file would need to be manager or admin level user.

While doing my testing I did found that it can be done by selecting the file and using selected items menu->delete in the header beside the upload  button.

If this can be prevented can you guide how it can be done.

Thanks in advance.

prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Hello Sanjay,

Once another question

Is it possible for the manager level user to delete the file uploaded(by collaborator) into the folder created by the manager. 

sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Yes.SiteManager can delete that file.

sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

You need to change the owner of that file.

Make the owner either admin or site manager.

prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Thanks for quick response Sanjay.

Can you guide me how we can change the owner. I am working on very tight deadline.

Thanks in advance

prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Thanks for quick response Sanjay.

While doing my testing I have found out that the manager level user is not able to delete the file uploaded by the collaborator user.

Is there anything I am not understanding. I believe that manager level user should be able to delete all content uploaded by the collaborator user and collaborator level user should be able to everything except move and delete

Thanks in advance.

sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

You can create rule on that folder and change owner if any document is upload.

prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Thanks for quick reply Sanjay.

Yes can be done.

But it does not give delete option when i hover over the document but only allow me to delete when you select the document and use Selected Items and then delete from the drop down.