cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuliado

Wrong char encoding after unzip on folders and files with accents

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is there a way to show the correct characters of files/folders name's inside a zip after the unzip action in Share ? (zip.png)

I've been trying to fiddle with ImporterActionExecuter.java, the encoding was defaulting to UTF-8, after forcing it to null so it defaults to the system the characters now show correctly in my logs but 'é' now shows as ',' in the name in Share (zip2.png) so not really an improvement.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Wrong char encoding after unzip on folders and files with accents

Jump to solution

Hi:

I think I had a similar issue with unzip in Share sometime ago.

If I generated the zip file in Linux, there was no problem, but if I did it with winzip & winrar & 7zip tools in Windows, I experienced your issue when decompressing in Alfresco (expecting UTF-8 characters). The reason seems that these tools do not use unicode. Finally I found a compressing tool in Windows that was able to compress using unicode for the corresponding filenames (Bandizip).

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi:

I think I had a similar issue with unzip in Share sometime ago.

If I generated the zip file in Linux, there was no problem, but if I did it with winzip & winrar & 7zip tools in Windows, I experienced your issue when decompressing in Alfresco (expecting UTF-8 characters). The reason seems that these tools do not use unicode. Finally I found a compressing tool in Windows that was able to compress using unicode for the corresponding filenames (Bandizip).

Regards.

--C.

kuliado

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your time and your explanations.

Have a nice day.