AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Alfresco FullText Search as Case Insensitive

Question asked by cyong on Jul 9, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2019 by cyong

Greetings, my apologies in advance as I am more of a SQL Developer, and I am not that experienced with the Alfresco API. But I have been trying to solve this, and haven't gotten very far. We are on version 5.2.2.

We have some files with words in titles like "Estimating" and "Estimate".  Currently the query to the REST API looks like this when we search for the phrase 'Estim', and returns 10 records. (Simplified to just the query section since the rest is not important for the question.) 

"query": {
   "query": "cm:title:'*Estim*'",
   "language": "afts"
}

The problem is that if they search for 'Estima', no records are returned. (While 'Estimate' returns all 10...) After doing a lot of reading with the API, I thought that the = prefix would resolve the issue (demonstrated below), but that had the downside of making the search case sensitive. (As well as when searching for the phrase 'Estimate', the files with titles of "Estimating" no longer appear.)

"query": {
   "query": "=cm:title:'*Estima*'",
   "language": "afts"
}

Is there anyway to correct this behavior so that the 10 records are retrieved in all 3 scenarios and that be case-insensitive? (Ideally while using afts, if possible)

Outcomes