Can you re-execute a process from a certain point ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaco1
Active Member II

Can you re-execute a process from a certain point ?

Thank you very much for your help on this question  

I am now able to retry a failed job if something fails.

I have one more question from a monitor interaction point of view. Let say for whatever reason a process variable that is used in an exclusive gate was set to the wrong value and the process took a wrong path and now sits at a wong human task. I know how to change variables but is there a way to tell the process to re-execute from a certain activity/node in the process? We have very big processes that take many days to complete. Sometimes things go wrong and a process will follow a path it should not have and we have to fix it. It would be great if we can tell the process to run from a certain point again and not have to cancel and rerun from the start?

7 Replies
jaco1
Active Member II

Re: Can you re-execute a process from a certain point ?

So do other people not have this request. Do all your processes run 100% every time?

jaco1
Active Member II

Bump ??

kgastaldo

Hey Jaco - Can you let us know which product (I'm assuming Activiti) and which version you're using? That's typically the first detail needed to offer some advice.

jaco1
Active Member II

Hi Kristen.Thanks for the reply

I did state everything in this post BPM Process Monitor. 

I asked the question again as nobody answered it there.

Yes, it is in Activity that is part of WSO2. I want to know if you can use the API to get the process to follow another path if it took a wrong path.

jaco1
Active Member II

Kristen Gastaldo‌ can you please answer the question ?

kgastaldo

Hi Jaco - Apologies for the delay. Since no one in the forum has been able to answer your question, I would suggest asking in the Activiti gitter chat channel

abbask01

This mostly depends on the requirement. keeping design in mind, it makes more sense to complete/cancel a process then to resume it from a particular state. Your process design is crucial, you can provide an option to the user for sending the request back to previous task/ last performer.

Regards,
Abbas