Different time Syncronization Ldap

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Kravetz
Member II

Different time Syncronization Ldap

I have two ldaps (ldap1 and ldap2), they both sync at the same time, because of the configuration:

synchronization.import.cron=0 10 15,2 * * ?

I wanted to know if is it possible to syncronize at different times (ldap1 at 0 0/30 * * * ? and ldap2 at 0 10 15,2 * * ?)?

If not, is it possible to develop a webscript to make the syncronization in one ldap only?

5 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Different time Syncronization Ldap

You can define different synchronization, as this property is on the subsystem part:

https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-community-repo/blob/master/repository/src/main/resources/alfres...

Just place your properties in a "alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap1" and ""alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap-ad/ldap2" folders.

You may take this as reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52739379/configure-authentication-and-synchronization-with-two-l...

Hyland Developer Evangelist
Pedro_Kravetz
Member II

I tried as you said, unfortunately, it didn't work. They only sync at the startup of the system and the scheduled times in the ldap files are not executed

I put the sync part of the files to see if i missed some configurations:

ldap1/ldap-authentication.properties

synchronization.import.cron=0 */2 * * * *
synchronization.synchronizeChangesOnly=true
synchronization.workerThreads=10
synchronization.syncOnStartup=false

ldap2/ldap-authentication.properties

synchronization.import.cron=0 */5 * * * *
synchronization.workerThreads=10

docker-compose.yml

-Dauthentication.chain=alfinst:alfrescoNtlm,ldap1:ldap,ldap2:ldap

Maybe it is wrong because the sync is global, but i am not sure. The synchronization time is not working on individual files.

I am using the 7.3 version of the Alfresco Community

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

What is the route of each "ldap-authentication.properties" files?

It should be something like:

$ALFRESCO_DIR/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap1/ldap-authentication.properties

$ALFRESCO_DIR/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap2/ldap-authentication.properties

Pedro_Kravetz
Member II

It is exactly as you put:

$ALFRESCO_DIR/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap1/ldap-authentication.properties

$ALFRESCO_DIR/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap2/ldap-authentication.properties

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

I've tested that locally and I've realized that "synchronization.*" properties are not part of the "ldap-authentication.properties". This file only accepts "ldap.authentication.*" properties.

So I guess only a single synchronization process can be configured, that will be executed using as many ldap subsystems as exists.