AnsweredAssumed Answered

setting up alfresco 5.2.3 manualy

Question asked by kartech11 on Jun 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2018 by kartech11

Hi,

I am trying to setup my local alfresco instance (5.2.3 version) manually on my windows machine. 

I have downloaded tomcat and made changes as per the link below.

Installing the Tomcat application server | Alfresco Documentation 

I have also downloaded alfresco 5.2.3 distribution and I have made changes to the files as outlined in the link below. I have then copied the files in webapps, lib and conf folders from alfresco distribution's web-server to tomcat's respective folders as outlined in the link.

Installing the Alfresco WARs | Alfresco Documentation 

1. What is not clear to me is what is the purpose of the below folders in alfresco-content-services-distribution-5.2.3 folder. Do I need to copy the files in the below folder to any place within tomcat?

1. alf_data 

2. bin 

3. amps 

4. solr4 

Tomcat has the webapps, conf and libraries from alfresco that I have copied and pasted into respective folder. Do I need to modify an files in the above folder for the initial bare bones setup of alfresco?

2. I tried following the above two links to startup my alfresco instance on tomcat but I get the error that keystore is missing. Please can you advise what could be the issue? Do I need to place the keystore in the alf_data folder anywhere?

Thanks

Outcomes